Saturday, August 11, 2007

Early Morning Ride on the Trinity

One of the best things I've gotten out of blogging is the opportunity to meet some great people around Fort Worth that I probably wouldn't have met otherwise.

There's Ken, who I aspire to be like when I grow up. There's Bernie, who I aspire to be like when I lose sixty pounds and keep up with him on a bike. And there's Pete, who is the Mac ninja I can probably never be.

Pete and I hadn't met until this morning when he joined me for my morning death slog along the Trinity. I am, of course, gassed. Pete, the former Marine, was barely winded. So we talked, ate bugs and dodged joggers before ending up at Starshmucks for coffee and more convo. He's got one of those sweet iPhones and I gotta say I've got a serious case of phone envy. Pete's a great guy and I encourage those of you who haven't checked out his blog to go over to Cowtown Chronicles and poke around.

Let's do it over beers next time, Pete.

5 comments:

stashdauber said...

ha. if you patronize the university starbucks, you might see my dtr working. she's the one who looks kind of like me, without the beard of course.

Bernie said...

I had a really nice mental picture going, until you took the beard out of the equation. Now it's just all blurry.

Steve-O said...

Who is your daughter?

Pete said...

Bernie - It may be blurry, but it's no longer furry!

Ha!

Damn, I am a word wrangler extraordinaire! One of the punniest guys around...

Nice ride this morning, Steve. I just hope Jenna doesn't read this before I get a chance to break the iPhone news to her.

Steve-O said...

iPhone? What iPhone?