Monday, May 21, 2007

Tina Fey=Awesomeness

Well, I missed Tina Fey's birthday last Friday. And I loves me some Tina Fey. And how could you not? I always thought she was funny, but when she told Kenny the NBC Page on 30 Rock that she would "cut him open like a tauntaun," well, I knew it was love. And I was one happy hombre to learn about this kick-ass new Tina Fey fan site thanks to the good people at Dreams of Horses.

A funny interview outtake from the Tina Fey fan site:

Q: Let's take you back to your "Weekend Update" days from "SNL"... The big political story today was about fundraising for the 2008 presidential race. Where's the comedy in that?

Tina Fey: The comedy for the Democrats is that they're blowing it again. They're showing off too much. They need to be putting a boring white guy out there to kind of get a hold of things. Once the boring white guy is out there, then you bust out the junior senator from Illinois who smokes and does cocaine.

For the Republicans... I thought the story about Rudy Giuliani's son was interesting. [That Giuliani's son, Andrew, would not be campaigning for his father this summer.] Since he's been a little kid, he's been trying to mess things up for his dad. I really like John McCain. He's an awesome dude and was a lot of fun when he hosted "SNL." I'd love to see a McCain-Giuliani "rage" ticket.

No comments: