Monday, July 23, 2007

Getting My Bike On

Getting back on the bike meant I finally got my ass down to Panther City Bikes to meet Bernie Scheffler live and in person. And I must say that his kickassitude is even greater in person. We had the weigh in and a nice little chat over a Rahr IPA Stormcloud, talking about Fort Worth South, his next run for city council and blogging.

I came back on Sunday with my daughter -- she's really growing and needed a new set of wheels. Bernie hooked us up with a sweet ride and gave us a good deal on our trade-in. The girl child is cycling in style on her first multi-speed bike!

So remember, for all of your biking needs, shop at Panther City. Bernie will do you right. Now, if I get my biking legs back, I'll be joining the guys on Monday and Wednesday nights at 6:30 for their regular ride. I'm looking forward to it.

3 comments:

Bernie said...

Thanks for the kind words...

Bernie said...

Oh, and please do come out to the rides. You can meet us on the way out at the Hofbrau trailhead if you like.

You, Pete, and anybody else interested should definitely come, and don't be intimidated because some riders go faster/farther. We ride an out-and-back route, so having two different speed groups is no problem. They'll both come together on the way home.

Steve-O said...

Sounds good to me. Give me another week or two to get in "bike shape." Wouldn't want you guys to have to carry me home.