Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Best Buttermilk Pie Recipe - EV-AH!

The two words that can grab my attention faster than any other are "buttermilk pie." And that list includes "free beer" and "I'm naked."

I know. It's a sad life.

If you would like my preferred buttermilk pie recipe, it is right here in the D(a)MN courtesy of my friend, Laura Ehret. The recipe is the same one in our family cookbook, courtesy of Laura's mom, the late Gwen Honeycutt of Henderson. It's a winner.

The recommended way to serve buttermilk pie is warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the top. Try it. You'll thank me later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love me some buttermilk pie. I imagine that it's even better when eaten while naked and washed down with free beer.

Steve-O said...

The sheer endorphin rush of that would kill me.