Sunday, May 20, 2007

Fort Worth Soldier Killed in Iraq

Pfc. Joshua Romero, 19, served in B Company, 1st Battalion, 12th Cavalry. The Army informed his wife and father about his death on Friday, the family said. He would have turned 20 next month. "Josh was brave to go out there," said his 6-year-old brother, Anthony Romero. Joshua Romero enlisted in 2005 shortly after graduating from Crowley High School. He told his father the military would help open doors for his future. His father, Joe Romero said Joshua left behind a wife, Michelle, and a 1-year-old son, Joshua David. Survivors include his stepmother, Shellie Romero, and his biological mother, Kimberlee Cummings. Joshua Romero attended Worth Heights Elementary, Rosemont Middle School and Trimble Tech High School before graduating from Crowley.

Joshua was the 17th Fort Worth serviceperson killed in Iraq.

2 comments:

frau munford said...

I taught Josh German and was very proud of him to hear he had joined. I wanted to let his parents know that he was a great student and I enjoyed having him in my class.

Frau Munford

Steve-O said...

I'm sorry for your loss and my thoughts and prayers are with his entire family.