Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Joel Burns: A Clarification

I've been a little rough on Joel Burns during the campaign season. As in asking him to drop out of the race rough.

However, we had a little chat on Election Day in front of the polling place at Lily B. Clayton Elementary. "I'd appreciate it if you gave me another chance," he said. "I'm really not a bad guy."

He explained a few things about the phone poll and the BernieScheffler.com URLgate thing and reiterated his apologies for both. He also explained that he does own more than the six URLs I listed in my article, and he was kind enough to provide me with a list of 55 URLs, which I checked out as being owned by him.

"I offered Bernie’s [URL] to him by transfer or by not renewing it when it expires in Jan. I also have some for Wendy [Davis] I registered at the same time that I’m transferring to her once she gets her campaign set up."

Joel's explanation and his apology for what happened are enough for me. I believe that my own apology is in order for inaccurate reporting. I'm sincerely sorry.

I also offered Joel a fresh start, and in that spirit, we are turning the page. I am going to reset the game clock to zero. Joel has agreed to an interview. I've also asked Juan Rangel for an interview, but have not received a response yet. I look forward to bringing those interviews to you soon to help you make your voting decisions in the District 9 race.

One thing I would hope to hear from both candidates is a clear and comprehensive position on urban gas drilling issues confronting our city, such as the injection well moratorium, downtown gas drilling and high-impact variances. Gentlemen, start your engines.

3 comments:

Spanglocity said...

Hey, Steve-O! Get your hand out of my pocket.









(just kidding, of course)

Tammy Gomez said...

Yesterday's Candidates Forum (at the Chicano Luncheon) will be televised on Cable TV starting today. Juan and Joel on the issues for 45 minutes.

More info at xxcommunicator.blogspot.com.

Steve-O said...

Thanks for the update, Tammy!